Pollution Incident Response Management Plan (PIRMP)
Under the Noxious Weeds Act 1993 Moree Plains Shire Council (Council) is responsible for the management and control of weeds on all land that is under Council’s care and control. In order to meet this requirement, Council implements an integrated weed management approach for the removal and control of weeds. The objectives of this plan are to ensure:
- The effective management of noxious and environmental weeds, in order to reduce the negative impacts of weeds on the environment.
- That the risks associated with this activity are mitigated, to ensure the protection of workers, the community and the environment.
- That Council’s weed management practices are ecologically, socially and financially sustainable.
- That a comprehensive and timely response to all pollution incidents occurs, including the effective communication of the incident to the relevant authorities and those who may be affected by the impacts of the incident.
- Compliance with all legislative requirements