2018 Moree Plains Australia Day Awards
The 2018 Moree Lion’s Club Australia Day Awards were announced today recognising those individuals who significantly improve the lives of individuals and the community and contribute to the Moree Plains’ vision of a diverse, friendly and strong community.
The Australia Day Ambassador presenting this year’s awards was multi Logie Award-winning Australian actress and writer, Penny Cook.
The winners of the 2018 Moree Plains Australia Day Awards are:
- Moree’s Citizen of the Year – Lindy Hosegood
- Young Citizen of the Year – Eda Kucukozmen
- Sports Person of the Year – Brenna Purse
- Community Group / Event of the Year – Magic on the Mehi
- Volunteer of the Year – David Watts
- Volunteer Group of the Year – Moree Meals on Wheels
President of the Moree Lion’s Club Barrie Brooks was impressed by the number of nominations and congratulated those who were finalists for the awards.
- Moree’s Citizen of the Year – Jim Crawford, Michael Ivanov, Barrie Brooks, Chris Binge and Maureen Carrigan
- Sports Person of the Year – Rhiannon Byers, Xanthe Cogan, Jesse James and Annabelle Abrahamsen
- Community Group / Event of the Year – Moree Neighbourhood Watch
- Volunteer of the Year – Chris Binge, Di Shields, Colin Rice, Margaret Cullen and Betty Humphries
- Volunteer Group of the Year – Moree Boxing Academy and Moree Neighbourhood Watch