Expression of Interest - Moree Plains Floodplain Risk Management Committee - Closing Thursday 8 March 2018
Council is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from community members wishing to nominate for membership of the Moree Plains Shire Council Floodplain Risk Management Committee (the Committee).
Membership on the Committee is voluntary and will provide much needed local knowledge of flood behaviour in the Shire. The Committee consists of:
- community representatives;
- Council staff;
- members of the State Emergency Service; and
- representatives of the Office of Environment and Heritage.
The principal objective of the Committee is to assist Council in the development and implementation of floodplain risk management plans across the Shire.
Two (2) community members from each area (being Moree, Yarraman, Gwydirfield, Bendygleet, Stonnington, Pallamallawa and Mungindi) will be selected by Council from the list of EOI.
If you are not selected to be a representative on the Floodplain Risk Management Committee, you may be invited to become part of the Moree and Environs Flood Policy Community Reference Group (the Community Reference Group).
Last year, a number of community members nominated to be a part of the Community Reference Group. The Community Reference Group will primarily assist Councillors in formulating the Council’s policy response to the Moree and Surrounds Floodplain Risk Management Study which was adopted by Council in August 2017 and discussed at the community meeting held in September 2017.
Community members wishing to now nominate for membership on the Committee should be aware:
- The Committee will operate for the next two (2) years with a possible extension of another 12 months.
- Meetings are held quarterly. It is important that members are able to attend the majority of the meetings.
- It is also important that members of the Committee are willing to discuss the outcomes of Committee meetings with others in the community and bring any feedback to the next Committee meeting for consideration.
- Members of the Committee cannot also be members of the Community Reference Group.