Once-in-a-generation $200 million funding opportunity
Applications for Local Community Groups to be submitted to Council by 5pm, Wednesday 28 March 2018
Last week, the NSW Government announced that Round 2 of the Stronger Country Communities Fund (SCCF) will open from Monday 12 March 2018.
The SCCF has been established to deliver crucial local infrastructure to improve the quality of life of people living in regional NSW. The amount of funding available across the state has doubled for Round 2, with $200 million available to be shared amongst the 92 regional and rural local government areas across NSW.
The SCCF is targeting small to medium local projects such as parks, community halls, playgrounds and amenity blocks.
How can community groups in the Moree Plains Shire take advantage of this opportunity and nominate a project for the SCCF?
Applications for the SCCF can only be made by councils, however, community groups are able to submit a suggested project to Council for their consideration.
To nominate your community group’s project, please fully complete the standard template which is available here by no later than 5pm, Wednesday 28 March 2018.
Submit your project now
In determining projects to be nominated for funding, your community group should:
- Review the program objectives and eligibility guidelines, which are available HERE .
- Nominate a project(s) which satisfies the eligibility guidelines. For example, projects must be for:
- New or refurbishment/upgrade of existing community infrastructure such as community halls, playgrounds or toilet blocks.
- Construction of new or refurbishment/upgrade of existing local sporting infrastructure such as change room facilities, walking and cycle pathways, public pool upgrades, indoor sports facilities or oval/court lighting.
- Capital works related to street beautification and public ‘place making’ such as murals, planter boxes or town and tourism signage.
- Ensure the project(s) nominated is able to demonstrate strong community backing. Projects that leverage partnerships or numerous user groups will be viewed favourably.
- Submit your completed project nomination for each project(s) to Council by 5pm, Wednesday 28 March 2018.
Council will consider all eligible project nominations in early April.