Moree Plains Shire Artesian Complexes
Moree Artesian Aquatic Centre (MAAC)
The Moree Artesian Aquatic Centre (MAAC) is a major tourist attraction that provides a range of recreational and well-being services. It is operated by the MAAC Ltd Board. Relax and rejuvenate in the mineral-rich water and let the flowing, naturally filtered water sooth your muscles or let one of the staff pamper you in the Wellness Centre with Day Spa treatments, beauty and therapeutic services.
The Centre is open daily, closing only on Christmas Day and for one week during July or August each year for maintenance.
The MAAC is a smoke free premise. Fees and Charges
The MAAC boasts:
- Artesian spas with soothing mineral-rich naturally heated water. The Active Spa is the hottest and has massaging and in-pool water spouts. The Passive Spa is around 2-3c cooler best for enjoying the ambience of the Centre.
- FINA Standard Olympic Pool with eight lanes and undercover areas along the concourse to the west and north of the pool.
- Program Pool with regular fitness sessions and learn to swim classes.
- Waterplay area features a 10m waterslide and shallow pools with water dumping buckets, sprays, mini water slides, and jets of water from colourful, make-believe critters.
- Commercial Gymnasium - Train with new state of the art equipment all supplied by Technogym, huge range of cardio equipment as well as strength training including pin loaded machines and free weights. Each entry includes access to the outdoor aquatic facilities.
- Group Fitness – Let the enthusiasm of the group be you. Find a class to boost your fitness, calm your mind, or improve your balance, flexibility and core strength.
- Café – Hot and cold food and beverages made on the premises.
- Grassed areas with shaded seating for picnic’s or ball games.
- Heated public and private showers.
- Wheelchair friendly – the Active and Passive Spa’s and the Olympic pool all have wheelchair accessibility via an in-pool ramp with handrails. The Spa’s also have steps (not ladders) with handrails. There are accessible change rooms with toilets and showers. Mobility parking for permit holders is at the front of the premises.
- Parking – the MAAC has ample parking for buses, RVs, truck and trailer combinations and passenger vehicles.
MAW Wellness Centre boasts:
- Private Artesian Soak Pool (which allows up to 20 adults) with in-pool spa beds, plunge cool pool and sauna retreat. Children are not permitted.
- Six treatment rooms including two rooms fitted with baths plumbed directly into the artesian water for those who wish to experience the water in its most pure form.
- Beauty and therapeutic treatments including massage, facial and body treatments, manicure and pedicures, and acupuncture.
Supervision of children
- Children under the age of 10 years must be actively supervised by an adult over the age of 16 years. Lifeguards have the authority to remove unsupervised children from the water.
- Children aged 5-10 years must be actively supervised by an adult or responsible carer over the age of 16 years inside the swimming centre at all times.
- Children under 5 years of age must be accompanied by an adult or responsible carer over the age of 16 years and supervised within arm’s reach at all times. If the child is in the water, the parent/carer must be in the water.
- It is recommended that children aged between 11-14 years are regularly checked by an adult or responsible carer over the age of 16 years by physically going to where the child/ren is in the pool or around the water.
Boomi Artesian Baths Complex
34 Boomi Street.
Boomi NSW 2405
(02) 6753 5336
The Boomi Artesian Baths complex provides a place for fun, fitness and recreation offering pools to enjoy the warm mineral-rich artesian water or to cool off, swim laps and enjoy water play. The Complex is operated by the community of Boomi and is a smoke free premises.
It operates all year round with opening times changed to reflect the seasons.
Check the Facebook site for current times.
Fees and Charges:
Adult $5 and Children $3
The Baths boast:
- Artesian Soak Pool with massage water spouts surrounded by relaxing deck chairs and shade cover.
- Kiddie’s paddle pool with underwater characters.
- 25m lap pool with four lanes with undercover shade at one end. (Please note this pool is unavailable due to necessary maintenance).
- All-weather protection - there is plenty of shady seating and all-weather amenities in the Complex.
- Kiosk offers a range of snacks, beverages and food.
- Accessibility – The Artesian pool has steps and handrail leading into the pool. There are accessible change rooms with toilets and showers. Mobility parking for permit holders is at the front of the premises.
- Parking – ample parking for buses, RVs, truck and trailer combinations and passenger, vehicles, particularly as there is a caravan park next door.